82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Supported ???

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Thu Aug 9 11:15:56 PDT 2007

Alain G. Fabry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is the following audio '82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio' supported on FreeBSD6.2?
>
> If so, which device do I need to load in the kernel or how can I get it to work.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Alain

I've seen Nikos answered you already, but the fact is you don't have to
move to STABLE to get the hda driver to work. It will work on
6.2-RELEASE if you so wish.
Download the precompiled kernel module from here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/lowlatency/

Decompress the archive, copy sound.ko and snd_hda.ko to /boot/kernel
(you may as well copy all the .ko files, but these two are the ones needed)
then do (as root) a kldload snd_hda  ( and add  snd_hda_load="YES" to
/boot/loader.conf so it loads with each reboot).
Running this driver on my laptop with no problems for quite some time now.