Convince me, please!

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Thu Aug 9 07:59:45 PDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:11:06 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> > a "perfectly acceptable alternative for home desktop users who have
> > previously known only Windows."  It's not, and it never will be.
>
> never say never, but i wish too it will never be.

Please note that the original posting contains a hidden claim that
window$ is a perfect, eternal and god-given desktop system. Therefore
if you say that FreeBSD will never be a "perfectly acceptable
alternative..." to that, you agree with that hidden claim.

window$ as a desktop system is as wrong as it is as an "operating
system". In my opinion, FreeBSD set up as a desktop system is what a
desktop system should be, so FreeBSD with GUI apps _is_
-- or can be if you want -- a "perfect desktop system".

Or: "perfect desktop system" has nothing to do with m$'s approach.

To Latitude: if you can't accept this ^^^, then don't switch.

Nikola Lečić