Convince me, please!

Latitude robertjx at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 8 21:37:21 PDT 2007

I'm interested in changing over to FreeBSD from Windows, but I'll have
to say, you guys don't really present a forceful argument to Windows
users of how easy the switch may be.  I get knee-deep in FreeBSD jargon
the second I get to your webpage. I need to see an overwhelming argument
that FreeBSD is a perfectly acceptable alternative for home desktop
users who have previously known only Windows.

For instance, if I download and install FreeBSD, will I instantly have a
desktop windowing environment that I can navigate in while I figure out
what's going on?  Will I have a browser and way to setup an internet
connection right off the bat?  How will I migrate files from other
operating systems?

I understand you guys have been around for a while, but you don't seem
to understand the monumental "fear" involved in switching operating
systems.  You need to address those concerns head on from the start.  I
need to see several screenshots of apps that I can use as alternatives
to what I have.

Help me (and yourselves) out.

--
“In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”