How do I change atime/noatime on mounted filesystem?

Karol Kwiatkowski karol.kwiat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:05:14 PDT 2007

Hi all,

this is probably a silly question but... how do I change mount options
to get atime back (after setting 'noatime') on mounted filesystem?

I can't see option 'atime' in mount(8) but there's no 'suid' either.
Here's what I'm trying to do:

# mount | grep home
/dev/ad0s3d on /home (ufs, local, noatime, nosuid, soft-updates)
# mount -u -o atime /home
# mount | grep home
/dev/ad0s3d on /home (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)
( what happened to 'nosuid', btw? )

It works with suid/nosuid:

# mount -u -o nosuid /home
# mount | grep home
/dev/ad0s3d on /home (ufs, local, noatime, nosuid, soft-updates)
# mount -u -o suid /home
# mount | grep home
/dev/ad0s3d on /home (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)

FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT i386. What am I missing?

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
OpenPGP 0x06E09309