can not start phpmyadmin after upgrade to 2.10.3

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at rakhesh.com
Mon Aug 6 06:32:55 PDT 2007

>>> Today when after upgrade phpmyadmin through portupgrade from 2.10.2 to
>>> 2.10.3
>>> when I browse to phpmyadmin page, it said:
>>>

>>>  phpMyAdmin - Error
>>>
>>> Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your
>>> PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation
>>> properly.

<snip>
> [Sat Aug 04 17:13:50 2007] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
> [Sat Aug 04 17:15:37 2007] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured
> [hint: SSLSessionCache]

Are you accessing using phpMyAdmin over an HTTPS link? The above line in
the log file seems to indicate some problem with the HTTPS configuration.
(Possibly not, I'm just asking to eliminate that).

I would also suggest turning ON some logging in your php.ini file. That
way we could get more info on what's causing the error. (That's what I'd
do if I had an error message like this).

Hope that helps.

Rakhesh