USB mouse issues.

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:17:26 PDT 2007

On 05/08/07, Rolf G Nielsen <listreader at lazlarlyricon.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My new USB mouse (a Logitech G5) works fine both in the console (with
> moused) and under X (both with moused and directly)... For the most part...
> However, once in a while it just dies (the lights indicating the DPI
> setting on top and the lights underneath it goes off and it stops
> responding).
> Since, according to the ehci man page, the USB 2.0 driver is quite
> buggy, I tried disabling it, but the problem didn't go away.
> I've also tried connecting the mouse to different USB connectors without
> luck.
>
> Every time it happens I get two lines in the /var/log/messages file:

In my case an old microsoft balless usb mouse did
just the same thing.  Would work for 15 seconds to
4 or 5 days and then not work*.  Replugging would
usually make it come back.  Throwing it away worked
best.  Never had any other usb problems on that
machine.

*Never gave any error messages either, just went dark.