The FreeBSD Diary: 2007-07-15 - 2007-08-04

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Sun Aug 5 07:51:27 PDT 2007

On Saturday 04 August 2007 23:10:02 Dan Langille wrote:
> The FreeBSD Diary contains a large number of practical
> examples and how-to guides.  This message is posted weekly
> to freebsd-questions at freebsd.org with the aim of letting people
> know what's available on the website.  Before you post a question
> here it might be a good idea to first search the mailing list
> archives <http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists>
> and/or The FreeBSD Diary <http://www.freebsddiary.org/>.
>
> These are the articles posted during this period:
>
> 1-Aug : IBM ThinkPad T41: Upgrading RAM and HDD
>      Things are getting tight and slow...
>      http://freebsddiary.org/ibm-thinkpad-t41-hardware-upgrades.php?2

dan,

saw your article.  hold tight if you havent bought anything yet... we have a
ton of ibm t4x laptops, which are nearing decommission.  the ones that are
still in service have a minimum of a gig of ram, and some might have more.  i
know we have a ton of discarded ram modules, and i *might* be able to come up
with something that might be worth donating.

i will check what we have first thing monday morning, and let you know if im
able to send something over.

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne