Compiling xorg 7.2 issue

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Fri Aug 3 18:17:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 02:43:26 +0200
Roberth Sjonøy <roberth.sjonoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I have just installed FreeBSD for the first time, and I prefer
> to just install the kernel and the base system under the
> installation, now I'm compiling xorg, but I got an issue,
>
> ===>  Installing for xorg-7.2
> ===>   xorg-7.2 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/dri/r128_dri.so - not
> found ===>    Verifying install on /usr/local/lib/dri/r128_dri.so in
> /usr/ports/graphics/dri
> ===>  Building for dri-7.0,2
> Please run 'make realclean' before changing configs
> gmake: *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/xorg.
>

> How do I solve this? please explain properly im very new to *bsd.

Hello Roberth,

According to this message, you should cd to the dri working
directory (/usr/ports/graphics/dri/work/Mesa-7.0) and run 'make
realclean' (actually 'gmake realclean'). 'make realclean' is not the
command of the ports system.

However, this shouldn't happen, of course. You didn't described how you
installed ports collection after you have installed the base system. If
in doubt, you might consider to start anew:

  # rm -rf /usr/ports/*
  # rm -rf /var/db/portsnap
  # portsnap fetch
  # portsnap extract