CRT value Absurd

Rolf G Nielsen lazlar at lazlarlyricon.com
Fri Aug 3 14:21:52 UTC 2007

Andrew Greenwood wrote:
> Jonathan Horne wrote:
>> On Thursday 02 August 2007 13:13:46 Subhro wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Folks,
>>>
>>> Recently I got a HP nc6400 notebook for myself and decided to install
>>> FreeBSD on this. My system boots up fine but I am repeatedly getting
>>> Errors from ACPI. I am repeatedly getting
>>>
>>> acpi_tz0: _CRT value is absurd, ignored (256C)
>>>
>>> How can I solve this problem?
>>>

> I had a similar problem on an HP Pavilion (don't remember the exact
> model) and I could only get the messages to stop by entering
>
> hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate=0
>
> in /etc/sysctl.conf. I'm sure this isn't the "right" way to do it, but
> it worked at least.
>>> Thanks
>>> Subhro
>>>

>> subhru,
>>
>> how is the rest of the install working?  we have a lot of 6400s here
>> at my office, and when i tried to install the xorg7.2 ports, i couldnt
>> get xorg to start, and i was wondering how it was going for you.

I have an HP Pavilion (whose model I don't remember either; it's not
printed anywhere on the computer), and I keep getting variuos messages
from TZ, but when trying to set that variable, I get

sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate'.

I'm running 6.2-RELEASE-p6. Did I miss something, or is that variable
introduced in 6-STABLE after 6.2-RELEASE?

--

Vänligen / Sincerly,
Rolf Nielsen