IPv6 Tunnel Brokers?

Eric Crist mnslinky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:51:15 UTC 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 4:41 PMAug 1, 2007, Javier Henderson wrote:

> On Wed, August 1, 2007 16:12, Christopher Hilton wrote:
>> Javier Henderson wrote:

>>> http://www.tunnelbroker.net/
>>>
>>> I use them and seem to be quite good.
>>>

>> I second that recommendation. The ISP in question is Hurricane
>> Electric
>> and the process is 100% web driven. It took me less than a day to
>> get a
>> gif tunnel up and an ipv6 /64 assignment.
>
> I was up and running in a few hours!
>
> I'm using a Cisco rouer on my end, it was very easy to set up and
> get going.
>
> -jav (disclaimer: I work at Cisco)

Thanks for the pointer to he.net!  I signed up, and my tunnel was
approved within a half hour.  I've already setup reverse DNS and the
tunnel, and, 2 hours after signing up, I'm routed and operational!

What's weird, is that from the he.net tunnel, I can ping6
www.kame.net, and I can ping6 my other ip6 addresse (my other
tunnel).  But, from my old tunnel, I cannot ping6 www.kame.net.

Must be a routing issue somewhere between...

Thanks for the pointer guys!

Eric Crist