LAN failover redundandcy?

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Wed Aug 1 15:43:26 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:22:05PM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:

> man lagg
> 'link aggregation and link failover interface'
>
> It is in 6-STABLE. I don't know since when.

Hi Ronald,

Thanks much for the hint. However it seems that "lagg(4)" isn't
there. At least not on my up2date 6.2 System:

# man lagg
No manual entry for lagg
# find /usr/src -name 'lagg*'
#

I've taken a look at www.freebsd.org and looked for "lagg". There's a
hit under
http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/6-STABLE/relnotes/i386/new.html saying
"The lagg(4) driver, ported from OpenBSD and NetBSD, has been added to
support a variety of protocols and algorithms for link aggregation,
failover, and fault tolerance." but when you click on the link for
lagg(4) you get "Sorry, no data found for `lagg(4)'."

Shouldn't lagg(4) be in the normal sources for a 6.2 system?

-ewald