Waiting for BIND security announcement

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Wed Aug 1 12:48:41 UTC 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 10:05 PM, A.G. Russell IV wrote:

>>> installed with the system. At least when I do pgk_info -Ix bind I
>>> am told
>>> there is no such package installed). Where can I find information
>>> on BIND
>>> upgrade? I tried freebsd-update but it did not think I needed any
>>> updates
>>> :)

>  mine, which was updated a few minutes ago, is still at bind 9.3.3

It appears that BIND has only been fixed in -STABLE and -CURRENT, but
not in -RELEASE.  Does anyone know if there are plans to get this
patched in 6.2?

For me it makes little difference since I am not (yet) running named
in a publicly accessible way.  But my medium term plans for my DNS do
involve me running a public nameserver on the latest RELEASE with all
patches.

It does worry me if this kind of thing doesn't get patched in the
latest RELEASE.

-j