xorg update (not) - configuration for ports

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 02:46:56 UTC 2007

several of my computers run just fine on the old xorg.
Is there some configuration tool I can put into some
makefile somewhere that will tell the ports to use the
un-updated version of xorg - so the ports won't try to
update stuff in the xorg libraries?

I updated xorg on one computer that needed it and I
was shocked that every single application needed to be
recompiled - including the big woppers like open
office. I don't want to go through that again if I
don't have to.

======
Because sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the human heart is fully set to do evil.
Ecclesiastes 8:11