music-generator for FreeBSD?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Apr 30 15:45:50 UTC 2007

	Guys,

	This is a bit off-topic, but maybe somebody out there can give me
	someclues.  Bearing in mind that I know zip about music
	composition, is there a MIDI (or mp3 or other) toolkit that would
	generate short background slices of music?

	Say that I wanted some jazzy melody for several seconds.  This
	application would generate it.  Or a classical tune.  Last night
	I found a possibly MIDI app for Windows; there were several that
	Google found that  mentioned Linux but nothing panned out.

	Anybod know?

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix