Is FreeBSD simple enough for Novices, Will FreeBSD accept Office 98 + Publisher?

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sat Apr 28 18:27:47 UTC 2007

perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
>> OpenOffice in OSX still isn't that great either because there
>> still isn't a native (Aqua) build.
>
> I suspect the NeoOffice folks would be surprised to hear that :)

Yes >_>.. I mean that the latest and greatest version of OOo isn't
available for Aqua native yet. It's going to take another year to port,
as someone has claimed already.

There was a big leap in terms of functionality from 1.x vs 2.x in OOo,
but then again considering that the OP was asking about running Office
98 (:D..), I don't think he'd mind running the 1.x version binaries.

-Garrett