var/log/messages umass da0 >6 how to stop?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Apr 27 17:54:32 UTC 2007

"James Seward" <jamesoff at gmail.com> writes:

> I get this when I have my USB card reader plugged in (and empty). I'm
> pretty sure it's hal (via KDE) which is responsible for the polling in
> my case. My low-tech fix is to yank the USB cable out when I'm not
> using the reader :) If there was a way to stop it filling up my syslog
> though I'd love to know.

Okay, that's a clue to the source.  There seems to be a "KDE HAL
Device Manager", which I assume (from its name) should be controlling
this.  Can you get into a configuration for that and see what you can
do?  [Sorry I can't help more now, but I don't use KDE, and my machine
with a card reader is powered down at the moment.]