Single Instance Service

Jeff Mohler speedtoys.racing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:13:27 UTC 2007

Serving home directories, you end up with tons.

One marketting dude creates a 10Mb PPT slide, sends it to 10 people that
forward it to 2 more each...

Next thing you know you have dozens of copies of thousands of the same
documents sitting in deep storage home directories, taking up space.

In backups, SIS is the killer feature, in spinning storage..its worth 200%
the cost of the storage you save.

Most of us..would never need it..but for those that do..do.