GELI recovery

Oliver Peter hoschi at mouhaha.de
Wed Apr 25 22:57:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 02:47:26PM -0400, Alexey Kuzmenko wrote:
> I've turned on debugging and visible password with:
>
> kern.geom.eli.debug=3
> kern.geom.eli.visible_passphrase=1

Did you make a reboot?

> but have nothing in the dmesg concerning my ad0s2 partition and it
> keeps telling "Wrong key for ad0s2". May be I should fsck it before
> doing a geli attachment?

No, of course not.
You have to attach the geli device before you can perform any action
on it (in your example a fsck).
Otherwise you will completely destroy your crypto device.

If you really have forgotten your password nobody can help you.

--
Oliver PETER, email: hoschi at mouhaha.de, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."