mspaint-like application?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Sun Apr 22 17:16:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007, Frank Staals wrote:
>Ghirai wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>Even though this is not necessarily a pure FreeBSD question,
>>i'd like to know if there are any mspaint-like applications
>>in the ports collection?
>>
>>I don't need anything as complex as gimp,
>>i just want to make quick edits, adding arrows, etc
>>on images, then saving in a couple popular formats.
>>
>>I wanted to install kolourpaint; i found out that it
>>was included in kdegraphics, which has quite a few rather big
>>dependencies.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>You might want to try xpaint, allthough I dislike working with it ( but
>then again I also dislike(d) working in M$ paint .... )

There's ``gimp'' which provides extensive image processing
capabilities.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

``But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the
law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other
persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at
the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without
committing a crime.'' -- Frederic Bastiat, The Law