Help : How to add new architecture support in FreeBSD?

Patil, Kiran kiran.patil at intel.com
Fri Apr 20 20:38:17 UTC 2007

Resending with "Help" keyword in subject.

I just joined this mailing list, SO please forgive me if I violate any
rule and please correct me if you can.

Question :

I have been tasked to add support for new architecture  ( e.g.of
architectures are - alpha, amd64, i386, etc likewise we are going to
have new architecture ) in FreeBSD. Are there any known
documents/BKMs/collateral regarding this.

Any pointer/info will be helpful.

I believe, I am looking for collateral which explains or outlines
changes required in different config files/makefiles/etc.. to add
support for new architecture.

Thanks in advance.

-- Kiran P.