gmirror - one provider won't activate

Cam Baillie cambaillie at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 19 19:11:15 UTC 2007

Hello,

I set up a RAID 1 duplex following the well-laid out OnLamp article.  I had successfully synchronised both disks prior to rebooting.  Then I rebooted and the ad3 disk wouldn't activate.

The system boots off of ad0 while slices within ad1 and ad3 are supposed to serve as the duplex.  The duplex (/dev/mirror/gm0) mounts successfully to /usr/home so I have access to my data from ad1.

I am running 6.2-release.  The dmesg and fstab files are attached.

Thank you!
Cam