Is FTP install broken?

Philip J. Koenig pjklist at ekahuna.com
Wed Apr 18 08:01:08 UTC 2007

On 17 Apr 2007 at 17:18, Kris Kennaway boldly uttered:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 01:45:44PM -0700, Philip J. Koenig wrote:
> > Re: Kris's assertion, I guess I could have lived with that if it
> > weren't for the fact that the installer doesn't give you any clue of
> > this.
> >
> > Thought I was going to avoid the time to download and burn a couple
> > of CD's, and now it's sucked up way more of my time than making those
> > CD's ever would have...
> >
> > Thanks for the answers/input.
>
> No special casing happens for the snapshot builds, i.e. sysinstall is
> not specially modified to disable the FTP install option.
>
> It should be mentioned in the documentation; but for all I know it
> already is :)
>
> Kris

Well I looked at all the docs I could find and nothing stood out.

(BTW, there are still some other user interface errors in sysinstall,
ie things that lead to unexpected results, but I can't remember
specifics now.)

--
Philip J. Koenig
pjklist at ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New
Millenium