Synaptics touchpad and FBSD 6.2-R

sanya-spb at list.ru sanya-spb at list.ru
Tue Apr 17 05:15:52 UTC 2007

В сообщении от Tuesday 17 April 2007 01:02:50 Firas Kraiem написал(а):
> Greetings
>
> I have an Asus A6JM laptop with FBSD 6.2-RELEASE installed on it. The
> touchpad is recognized very well (tapping and scrolling work
> perfectly) but I'd like to be able to toggle in on/off with just a
> keystroke. In Linux, I add an InputDevice section about it in my
> xorg.conf and I use ksynaptics to manage the touchpad. In FBSD, I have
> installed ksynaptics but I have no idea what I should do with my
> xorg.conf and Google didn't help much.
>
> Any help, or even pointing to the right direction would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Firas

hi
You need to install "ports/x11-servers/synaptics/"
and add some strings in your xorg.conf
#====xorg.conf============
Section "Module"
	Load  "synaptics"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Identifier      "TouchPad"
        Option  "Device"        "/dev/psm0"
#       Option  "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option  "Protocol"      "psm"
        Option  "LeftEdge"      "1700"
        Option  "RightEdge"     "5300"
        Option  "TopEdge"       "1700"
        Option  "BottomEdge"    "4200"
        Option  "FingerLow"     "25"
        Option  "FingerHigh"    "30"
        Option  "MaxTapTime"    "180"
        Option  "MaxTapMove"    "220"
        Option  "VertScrollDelta" "100"
        Option  "MinSpeed"      "0.09"
        Option  "MaxSpeed"      "0.18"
        Option  "AccelFactor"   "0.0015"
        Option  "ShmConfig"     "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice    "TouchPad" "CorePointer"
EndSection

this is my fujitsu life book config, but also I turn off moused from console
moused_enable="NO"