astro/google-earth

Steinar Bormer steinab at ifi.uio.no
Sat Apr 14 12:42:10 UTC 2007

Greetings,

On 2007-04-13 astro/google-earth was updated.  See:

The Makefile now says nothing about FORBIDDEN, but 'make' still gives
the following output:

,----
| # make
| ===>  google-earth-4.0.2735 has known vulnerabilities:
| => google-earth -- heap overflow in the KML engine.
|    Reference: <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/5c9a2769-5ade-11db-a5ae-00508d6a62df.html>
| => Please update your ports tree and try again.
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop in /usr/ports/astro/google-earth.
`----

Needless to say I've updated the ports tree twice today, and Makefile,
distinfo and pkg-plist have been updated.

What I really don't understand is where this message quoted above is
coming from.  It's not included in any of the four files in
/usr/ports/astro/google-earth, so it must be stored somewhere else.  Any
pointers on how to proceed from here are appreciated.

--
SB

When in doubt, use brute force.
                -- Ken Thompson