KVM over IP (Was: Re: adding keyboard after reboot with no keyboard) ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Apr 10 20:05:22 UTC 2007

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced one?  Our newer servers, we've been
using HP servers, so that we have this built in, but I have 6 older servers
that I'd love to be able to deal with remotely without headaches ... I only
need to be able to access one at a time ...

I've tried the 'serial console' route, but if the server crashes, logging in to
the serial console doesn't show you anything, whereas, with the HP 'remote
console' feature, its the same as a KVM, where running it does a screen
refresh, so that I can see what is on the screen at the time of the crash ...

- --On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:09:37 -0500 Derek Ragona