There's any other UI like GNOME or KDE available (like Mac) for FreeBSD

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 10 06:52:48 UTC 2007

Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Arvee Klesk wrote:
>
> [Subject line: There's any other UI like GNOME or KDE available
> (like Mac) for FreeBSD]
>
> I assume that's the question?
>
> GNOME and KDE are available on FreeBSD, and are probably the most
> "featureful".  XFCE is somewhat "lighter weight", but also has a good
> number of features that might be considered helpful by some and as
> "too much eye-candy" by others.  There are plenty of other possible
> combinations of window & desktop managers available.  The Macintosh
> computers have their own graphic interface, which, AFAIK, isn't
> available on FreeBSD.
HAHA... the day that Aqua is fully available in another OS than OSX will
be the day that hell freezes over. Same as Aero or Luna outside of
Windows ^^. There are plenty of OSX mockups out there with docks and
junk, but most of them are junk.

XFCE4 is good, and I think you'll like it.

For the rest, just google.. millions of people before you have asked
similar questions and you have to find out what suits your fancy the most.

Cheers,
-Garrett