Skype can't connect. (All the data inside!)

Paris Jones arckeda at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 02:05:06 UTC 2007

I would first like to say sorry Garret, my previous questions were not in good detail.
FREEBSD 6.0 STABLE
Using the linux_base-8 port.

-->I am using a USB headset, but have also tried one that plugs directly into my
     microphone and speaker slots on my computer.  Now, since my USB headset
     will input sound from one device, and output from another, I am in a little
     problem.
     here is a picture of the options for headset in the skype port:

     http://www.arckeda.org/Skype_port.png

     As you can see, there is only one device I can use for my headset, (there is
     supposed to be a program called DSP highjacker for this, but I would think
     that there would be a better way.)  Now, I downloaded the Linux static binary
     with QT compiled in from the skype website (www.skype.com) and  tried it
     on my computer, if I go into the options in that one, I see this:

     http://www.arckeda.org/Skype_native.png

     You may want to know why I am even writing this if I can just use the Linux
     Skype, well, I am writing this because the Linux build will not let me call
     anyone:

     http://www.arckeda.org/Skype_native_cant_call.png

     it will just keep saying connecting, and nothing ever happens, I can however
     see who is online at the moment:

     http://www.arckeda.org/Skype_native_can_see.png

    So, my question is, how can I either make the Skype port let me use two devices
    or, allow the Linux Skype to let me call people and receive calls.
    I think that about sums it up.

    Thank you.

                                      -ARCKEDA