Should sudo be used?

Schiz0 schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 08:47:57 UTC 2007

I don't use sudo. I find it rather pointless. If I need to do something as
root, I use su to gain root privileges, then when I'm done, I exit and
return to the original user. The user running su must be in the group
"wheel" to be able to su to root. This is a simple yet convenient security
system.

su is standard, sudo is another binary to install. So I don't bother
installing it.