problem with modem

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:41:59 UTC 2007

On 04/04/07, dark abeer <lover-linux at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> hi i have one question ok
> i'm downloaded operating system freebsd release v6.0 and i have one problem in installation modem type sagem f at st800  Please your help in this problem If possible, help me to install it.
> and thanck you

We need some more information to be able to help you.
For example, what is your specific setup? Especially, what kind of
Modem is your "Sagem f at st800"? Serial port modem, oder DSL modem? etc.
etc...

Did you read the handbook?
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serialcomms.html

Chapter 23 is about serial communication, it explains all the basics,
while chapter 24 deals with PPP and SLIP - thus explaining how to
connect to the internet.

HTH
Christian