quotas on 6.2

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue Apr 3 20:23:37 UTC 2007

    Hello,
    I'm trying to enable quotas on 6.2 following the handbook. I've added:

options QUOTA

to my kernel config, recompiled and installed. I then added:

enable_quotas="YES"
check_quotas="NO"

to /etc/rc.conf and finally added both userquota and group options to my /,
/var, and /usr filesystems in /etc/fstab, other than that those entries are
the same as in a default install. After doing all that i rebooted, and was
under the impression the quota script would create the quota user and group
files. This did not happen. I've included the errors. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Dave.

/etc/fstab
/dev/ad0s1b.eli  none  swap sw  0 0
/dev/ad0s1a  /  ufs rw,userquota,groupquota  1 1
/dev/ad0s1f  /home  ufs rw,userquota,groupquota  2 2
/dev/ad0s1d  /usr  ufs rw,userquota,groupquota  2 2
/dev/ad0s1e  /var  ufs rw,userquota,groupquota  2 2

/etc/rc.conf
enable_quotas="YES"
check_quotas="NO"

#/etc/rc.d/quota start
Enabling quotas:quotaon: using //quota.group on
quotaon: /: No such file or directory
quotaon: using //quota.user on
quotaon: /: No such file or directory
quotaon: using /home/quota.group on
quotaon: /home: No such file or directory
quotaon: using /home/quota.user on
quotaon: /home: No such file or directory
quotaon: using /usr/quota.group on
quotaon: /usr: No such file or directory
quotaon: using /usr/quota.user on
quotaon: /usr: No such file or directory
quotaon: using /var/quota.group on
quotaon: /var: No such file or directory
quotaon: using /var/quota.user on
quotaon: /var: No such file or directory