Saved Email - Spamassassin

Robert Davison rob_27_preston at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 20:20:04 UTC 2007

I'm running an email server using Sendmail on FreeBSD 6.2, using Spamassassin.

  My question may be simple, but once sendmail has delieverd its mail to the user, where is it stored ? Is each email stored as an individual file ?

  I see that under my /home/'each users' directory I have a mbox file. Once open it contains email messages. However, I note that these do not tie up with what is in my inbox through my webmail client. Some messages exist in the mbox file but not my inbox.

  Is this what I should be looking at.

  I ask because I want to train my Bayes filter under spamassassin using the

  sa-learn --spam command, and want to be sure i'm running it on the right directory and or files.