var Filesystem Full Help

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Apr 3 18:15:24 UTC 2007

--On Tuesday, April 03, 2007 18:12:09 +0100 Alex Zbyslaw
<xfb52 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> The available disk space start at 4554194, drops to 4451714  when the
> file is created, and *remains like that* until the process holding the
> file open exits, thus freeing the last reference and allowing the blocks
> to be freed.

When I read the OP's post, I was going to respond.  Then I read Matthew's
and Alex' responses, and I knew the answer had been properly given.

It's guys like Matthew and Alex that make this list invaluable, and I want
to thank both of you for your thorough and accurate answers.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/