Sounblaster Audigy SE: no driver support/No OSS

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 29 07:24:59 PDT 2006

Hello.
running FreeBSD 6.2-PRE/AMD64 and bougth a Soundblaster Audigy SE, based
on the CS0106-DAT DSP.
I search Google and the mailing list and found some notes about this
sound card and it seems not to be supported yet. Are there plans of
supporting this sound card in the near future?

The commercial OSS drivers seems to support this Soundblaster, but with
FreeBSD 6.2-PRE/AMD64, I only get weird noises out of my speakers and my
box behaves a bit 'jumping' (driver problem?). I would appreciate a
FreeBSD native driver.

Thank you in advance for any comments and hints,

regards
oliver