ACPI on Install Problem

Desmond Coughlan coughlandesmond at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 28 04:11:35 PDT 2006

Me again.  :-(

  After we'd realised that we were hitting our heads off the wall, and that the answer was in the mount points, we rushed upstairs to get an install underway.

  First diskette in ... second diskette .... then it asked for the boot diskette again (boot.flp).

  Guess what happens then...

    [ spinning baton for five minutes ]

  Then we get to the menu with the little FreeBSD demon, and we hit ENTER to take a default install.

    ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory

  And the machine hangs.

  Just like our heads ... in despair.  :-(

  D.