rewrite of multiple incoming IPs into a single IP

Chris snagit at cbpratt.prohosting.com
Wed Sep 27 10:54:22 PDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Damian Wiest wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 06:49:50PM -0700, Chris wrote:
>> I have spent the day trying to get multiple IP addresses rewritten to
>> a single address using IPFW and NATD. Is there a simple way to do
>
> If I understand your problem correctly, you're trying to host multiple
> websites, each with its own IP address, on one server.  Why not use IP
> aliasing (see ifconfig(8)) with multiple instances of Apache?  For
> example,
> in rc.conf add some lines like:

The difficulty comes in using a jail without applying non-supported
hacks to allow for multiple IP addresses. I think I blew it by not
putting that in this post. The intent to create a single jail
supporting multiple legacy sites with their own IPs, was to avoid
duplicating the memory footprint of httpd and other services by
running a jail for each IP. One can go to a single IP for all the
sites, but that may incur resistance that has nothing to do with the
technical aspects. It appears the natd solution I posted is working
in test anyway.

Thank you and sorry I didn't clarify completely on the original post.
Chris