How to load iwi firmware at boot time

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Sep 26 18:48:22 PDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:36:06 +0300
"Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to manually load the firmrare invoking the following commands as root:
> # iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d /boot/firmware -m bss
> # ifconfig iwi0 up
>
> Could you please advise me how I can load automatically the firmware
> during boot time?

loads automatically everything just fine here:

running 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #7: Tue Sep 26 09:55:41 EST 2006
here

I have iwi and firmware built into the kernel. I also installed  the port
iwi-firmware-kmod-3.0_1 Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Firmware Kernel Module

simply doing
ifconfig iwi0 up

loads everything needed. Works too if adding it to the rc.conf (I prefer not to
have it on startup, that's all).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
  Woody Allen

Warned.