FreeBSD Install

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Sep 26 14:48:58 PDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 02:28:47PM -0400, Edward and Nancy Powers wrote:

>   I am new to UNIX, and would like to download FreeBSD to familiarize
>   myself with UNIX commands and the UNIX environment.   I would like
>   something fairly easy to install and maintain.  I do not want to
>   replace Windows, but would like to switch between Windows and FreeBSD.
>
>   Is it possible to do this with FreeBSD?

Note, you will probably also see posts of people's favorite thing
to push in response to your question as well as possibly some people
trying to tell you not to bother with FreeBSD is you are happy
with MS-Win even though you specifically say you want to learn\
about UNIX.

Take it all with a grain or tub of salt and try out any of the
suggestions you want, but don't think they are canonical information.
They are just peoples whims and preferences and are no more or less
valid than yours after you have experimented a little.

Have fun,

////jerry