Patches for jail support of multiple IPs?

Chris eagletree at hughes.net
Sun Sep 24 15:24:25 PDT 2006

On Sep 24, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Michael Eubanks wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 12:51 -0700, Chris wrote:
>> Are there any official patches to support multiple IPs in jails or
>> would I be limited to taking a chance with the few 6.1 patch files
> I suppose you could alias your primary network interface, then use a
> simple firewall with multiple divert sockets for address translation,
> thereby forwarding packets to a single jail IP (possible with multiple
> jail ports open).

Thank you, that does sound like an interesting approach. The
application is maintain the multiple IP Addresses for the sites
though the sites actually share much code and data. I also attempted
using multiple jails all pointing to the same file system but was
naturally discouraged by the jail configuration to do so as this
seems to violate the concept. Seems wasteful of memory too. I will
try the divert method next using a single jail.

Thank you again for the reply.
Chris