Zabbix Port

Martin Hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Sat Sep 23 22:49:40 PDT 2006

Hello David,

David Schulz wrote:
> The /usr/ports/net-mgmt/zabbix Port consists out of two components,
> Server and Agent. I would like to install the Agent only, so it shouldnt
> need all these large dependencies such as mysql etc, but i cant figure
> out how to do that. I skimmed trough the Makefile,     and it mentions
> things about ZABBIX_AGENT_ONLY , but i can figure out how to turn that
> knob. Can anyone tell me please?

usually reading Makefile in the port directory can reveal the knob. In
this case just use:

make ZABBIX_AGENT_ONLY=yes install

or, as has been proposed by Norberto Meijome, -DZABBIX_AGENT_ONLY.

Also, if you use portupgrade, please add following to
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf MAKE_ARGS section:

	'net/mgmt/zabbix' => 'ZABBIX_AGENT_ONLY=yes',

as portupgrade will need to know that you've used this knob in first
install, so it would not install whole zabbix on the upgrade run.

Martin