Bug in 6.1 acpi?

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Fri Sep 22 11:03:41 PDT 2006

(Please respond directly, as I am not subscribed)

I've asked about this error message before, but this has gotten serious.
Not sure if it's related, but this server keeps spontaneously having what
appear to be power events every 13-40 hours or so.  No errors or panic
messages or core dumps.

The system has dual power supplies and was rock stable running 4.X.  The
problem only started occuring after upgrading to 6.1-STABLE.  Could it be
related to this DMESG? :

acpi0: <PTLTD   RSDT> on motherboard
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi: bad write to port 0x070 (8), val 0x43
acpi: bad read from port 0x071 (8)

The hardware is an Intel L440GX+ MB with dual 1Ghz CPUs with SMP (I tried
a kernel without SMP, but it didn't help), 1GB ECC RAM, 1GB Swap, Adaptec
2100 SCSI RAID level 1.  It apppears to be lightly loaded in terms of CPU
and RAM.

This server is in production, so any advice would be greatly apppreciated.

up at 3.am							    http://3.am