Cron <operator@systemname> /usr/libexec/save-entropy

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Sep 22 07:39:22 PDT 2006

	I must have dome something wrong setting up a FreeBSD5.4
system, but I haven't a clue as to what.

	The script is called save-entropy, a great idea, but it
acts as if lots of the configuration it needs is missing.  I do
have ipfw running and it got all the rules I put in to it via a
rule-setting script called in rc.conf.local but the message that
cron generates every eleven minutes shows that something is very
unhappy.

	For now, I simply commented out the save-entropy run for
a bit of peace and quiet, but the entropy is now not being
updated which is not a good thing.

	What do I need to look at to fix this properly?

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer