[OT] spam on freebsd-question@

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 20 18:54:39 PDT 2006

From: "Bill Campbell" <freebsd at celestial.com>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006, Adam Martin wrote:
>>
>>On 2006 Sep 20 , at 08:28, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
>>
>>>Hi List,
>>>recently (last few days) a lot of spam has begun to arrive on this
>>>list....
>>>could anyone concerned (mailman at freebsd.org, ...) check/upgrade the
>>>filters?
>>
>> Incidentally I'm subscribed to about a dozen other FreeBSD mailing
>>lists.  It's probably not the right place to report this, but these
>>past few days a lot of spam has hit the other lists too.  So, I'll tack
>>on a request for them to check the filters on the other lists too.
>
> FWIW, the spam that has hit the lists has also failed to trigger
> my somewhat draconian spamassassin checks as well.

What is the spam format? So far I've not noticed any obvious spam
on the list. I don't, however, read every message.

(I have a rather draconian and well trained SpamAssassin here.)

If the spam is image spam with random text there is a way to deal with
it in development. It's called FuzzyOCR. And it can be found on the
SA wiki under plugins, I believe.

{^_^}   Joanne