cups 1.2.2 and parallel port printers

Bastiaan Welmers haasje at welmers.net
Tue Sep 19 09:14:27 PDT 2006

Hi,

To me cups 1.2.2 doesn't work at all with my USB printer (HP Laserjet
1010 on /dev/ulpt0). I followed the instructions to make /dev/ulpt0
accessible to cups.

When I try to print something just nothing happens and after a
while I get the error message "/dev/ulpt0: device busy". Installing the
printer with the "no reset" option fails because the device /dev/ulnpt0
does not exist.

I'm curious this has something to do with the filed bug usb/93155
I found on
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2006-September/020036.html
"/dev/ulpt0: device busy   USB printer does not work"

However, I installed the previous cups 1.1.23 package wich works to me
(FreeBSD 6.1 release).

/Bastiaan