Moving to new PC

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Tue Sep 19 07:35:47 PDT 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 16:53, you wrote:
> From: Jonathan Horne <freebsd at dfwlp.com>
>
> [...]
>
> the update for today is, that it is still going, but there has been quite a
> bit of delay while the ports stops on the knobs screen.  each time i see
> one, i hit the 'ok', but this is causing the obvious delays.
>
> other than that, so far, no errors or halts.
>
> I have an idea that it will work just fine. I already have a custom
> make.conf file that contains most of the knobs for apache, kde, etc that I
> have installed. I guess copying the config files would also be a good idea.
> Then just setting BATCH=yes would complete the process.
>
> Thanks!

well, i have eventually come to an error, at the 89% mark.
from /var/log/portmanager.log:
Tue Sep 19 09:32:28 2006
 bsd.port.mk                         /usr/ports/Mk
    corrupt                             unable to restored from back up
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager; make -V PKGNAME

i was asked if i want to skip this patch, and when i hit y, the process ended.

jonathan