Sun X4200 FreeBSD 6.1 experience??

Bachilo Dmitry root at solink.ru
Mon Sep 18 19:20:12 PDT 2006

В сообщении от Понедельник 18 сентября 2006 21:20 ke han написал(a):
> Has anyone experienced FreeBSD 6.1 on a Sun X4200 ?  Does everything
> work?  ILOM? RAID-1 ? 2 sets of RAID-1 ?...any feedback would help me
> make a decision.
> thanks, ke han

Yes, I have. FreeBSD 6.1 (both i386 and amd64 versions) runs perfect on Sun
X4000-series servers. As well as on X2100 and on v20z and v40z. ILOM works
independently with OS, so there is no difference. RAID-1 is hardware, ot
software so it does not depend on OS too and works ok.

FreeBSD 6.1 recognizes it's SMP, it's networks interfaces and all it's memory
amount. Furthermore, while Solaris somehow can't see the whole SAS harddrive,
FreeBSD recognizes and partitionizes it all.

Sun's AMD servers are actually perfect for x86 FreeBSD systems, I'm telling
ya :-)