Dell DRAC 5 cards and 6.1-RELEASE

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Sep 18 10:36:56 PDT 2006

--On Monday, September 18, 2006 11:32:44 -0500 Spencer PriceNash
<spencer at io.com> wrote:

> It is my understanding that DRAC configuration is not applied until
> after a reboot.

That makes sense.  Thanks.

>> The native card has enough functionality for what I need, but what I'm
>> wondering is if anyone has managed to get the extra functionality
>> working  under linux emulation.  If so, how did you install the rpm?
>> And which  emulation did you use?
>
> The OS doesn't matter if it's Windows or RedHat/SuSE.  Haven't seen
> it working on anything else.  YMMV.

It works fine on FreeBSD.  You just don't have the additional functionality
provided by the Open Management software.  I can't seem to get the rpm to
install.  But basic console redirection, reboot, shutdown, stats, etc. is
provided by the card through the web interface.  It seems to work fine.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/