Firefox+Flash+Qemu

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) hackmiester at hackmiester.com
Mon Sep 18 08:37:09 PDT 2006

On 18 September 2006, at 09:38, Jerry McAllister wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:30:59PM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:22:38 +0100
>> RW <list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I going to be booting into Windows if I really need flash.
>>
>> Why not try Wine? I haven't checked, but maybe firefox + flash
>> does work under
>> wine... i also keep a 4 GB Qemu windows xp setup which gets my out
>> of trouble
>> the few times when it's window-or-nothing.. most of the time i
>> just give up
>> altogether on the site.
>
> Do you run Qemu on FreeBSD?   It says only 'LINUX host only' for "User
> Mode Emulation".   So, does that mean I can emulate a full system if
> I am hosting it under FreeBSD?

If it needs linux, use linux compatibility.

> This is the first time I have run in to Qemu and it looks interesting.
>
> ////jerry
>

>> _________________________
>> {Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome
>>
>> Sysadmins can't be sued for malpractice, but surgeons don't have to
>> deal with patients who install new versions of their own innards.
>>
>> I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery
>> when wet.
>> Reading disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You
>> have been
>> Warned.

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)

<svinx> yknow when you go to a party, and everyones hooked up except
one guy and one girl
<svinx> and so they look at each other like.. do we have to?
<svinx> intel & nvidia must be lookin at each other like that right now

Phone
Voice: +1 251 589 6348
Fax: Call the voice number and ask.

Email