6.2-Release schedule

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Mon Sep 18 03:10:28 PDT 2006

Hi:

I was just looking over the release schedule for the 6.2 release, a few
weeks ago, there was no detailed plan, now it's there including the
todo-list,

   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/todo.html

No critical pending issues, no show stoppers left, no required or
desired features. Only some stress tests problems.

So, does this mean that the page has not been updated? Usually I would
expect a "problem - solved" list. Or does this mean that the path
through betas and RC's is mostly a formal quality assurance routine but
code really is 6.2 ready?

I usually postpone the upgrade to the RELENG_6_2 is branched off, but if
the code is so stable now, maybe it would be reasonable to advance the
process this time.

Thanks, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org