how to apply a patch set

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah trunasuci at mail.com
Sun Sep 17 18:54:07 PDT 2006

i think I've read abt this long time ago.. but not pretty sure ( someone correct me if I'm wrong )..

u can try:

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_5_RELEASE

anyway i never tried this! and i never encounter the prob u'va said since 4.x ---> 6.1
( and I'm normally/mostly using -pX than STABLE for my prod server ). Seems your method/tag

tag=RELENG_5_5 is correct way to patch to -pX, i can't find any reason why your system "patched"
into STABLE...

could u please copy+paste here your stable-supfile config?

TQ