Firefox+Flash

Jona Joachim jaj13 at web.de
Fri Sep 15 10:38:57 PDT 2006

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Friday 15 September 2006 12:01, Jona Joachim wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> MPlayer handles wmv streams just fine.
>> You may want to check out www/mplayer-plugin, it works perfectly for
>> mozilla.
>
> OK, I all ready have that installed. How am I suppose to configure it so
> that when I click on a link that is suppose to require MS Media Player it
> intercepts it and displays the streaming video?

The MPlayer plugin loads the streams on the cbsnews.com front page just
fine. What browser are you using? I know that the plugin works fine with
Mozilla and Firefox but it doesn't work in Opera (unfortunately). Type
"about:plugins" in the location bar and check for the "Windows Media
Player Plugin" entry. If you can't find it in the list then the browser
can't find the plugin, reinstalling may help.

--jona